1. Variety is the spice of life. The perfect snack is comprised of vegetables, berries, fruit and whole grain products. These can be supplemented further with a variety of low-fat dairy and meat products.
2. Good carbohydrates are slowly absorbed, so they keep your blood sugar levels at a suitable level for a long period of time. Good carbohydrates are found in whole grains and vegetables.
3. Protein and fibre help to keep you feeling full longer. Protein can be found in abundance in, for example, dairy products. Whole grains are a good source of fibre.
4. Find several easy and healthy snacks that you can rely on, even when in a hurry. It’s a good way to minimise the urge to reach for candy or other treats.
5. Listen to your body and find the rhythm that best suits you. The number and size of your snacks should fit with your daily schedule and energy consumption. Most people find it helpful to eat every 3-4 hours.